Souls rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Free form, stat free Bleach RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The dew ridden town

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

The dew ridden town Empty
PostSubject: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Time: 6:03 (Cause why not!?)

The morning sun rose above the horizon as the morning dew dripped from the roof's of the various buildings. It was another peaceful day within the town of actually come to think of it no one really knew the name of this town, for one reason. No one really lived within it anymore, a sad fact, but the town had been abandoned after the last great war between the nations, it's houses now filled with local plant life, and old fashion architecture. It was quiet area, but more importantly it was an area where one could gather thoughts, and begin to discover new ideas within their head away from others. In some cases however it was known that even when gathering thoughts one could be bothered, a sad fact of life that many have had to suffer, and go through. It is also a fact that had lead the a certain person to this remote area, if only because of their lack of detecting anyone within it's vicinity.

Within the middle of the "town" sat a woman just upon a bench, dream up towards the sky about well life. A deep subject to most, but one that was fairly shallow to her, life had been long and hard, so thusly she didn't even call it life, more like self gratification and death, either way death seemed to be all that she had really known. her thoughts drifted from the mirage of a past filled with violence to the hope of a future in which she could find something to fill the void within her. Not another it wouldn't help nor would it be enough to truly make her pain go away, no she needed something, something that the ones whom had defeated her oh so long ago had. It was something that she knew of but couldn't experience sadly enough, one feeling which seemed to elude her. As she twirled her umbrella within her hands the women merely sighed, the real world was nice to visit every once and a while, much nicer than where she considered herself to be from. Either way the day seemed as if it would stretch on forever, but she didn't mind she had been alive for what seemed to be forever, so what was one more day spent doing nothing of value once again?
Back to top Go down
https://soulsrebirth.rpg-board.net
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Naps were a blessed thing, and Chesha enjoyed a couple hours long one. To her mind it was a nap rather than a rest or slumber because she only napped when inside Cassiel. Sleep and slumber were for beds: naps could be enjoyed anywhere that wouldn't result in death: like the ocean. Always on the move she'd had to jump ship from the state of Nevada and its questionable city of Las Vegas. Let the shinigami forget he met her and lose the chance to see her again should he look. Plus Chesha rarely traveled to the other two nations, and mostly when she needed to escape possible discovery within her home nation by the government. Given that they expected her in Europe she opted for the Asia area since they also had such pretty scenery. Really old archives on the web called them that, dissecting the nations by "Continents" so Chesha liked using that identification. Many forums talked of a place called "Japan" that sounded fun. So before fully conking out she told Cassiel and Sarynn to head there and maybe they could see what the general hubbub was about.

Dreams filled with 0's and 1's reminded Chesha it'd been awhile since she'd plopped down and seriously made something. The giant robots in her dream swapping between cars and humanoids - in-flight movie downloaded right to her brain - served to further the reminder. Once the movie ended her mind turned and rolled around the idea of "what next?" Part of her wanted to put that one hollow in its place by being forced to answer to her, and the other didn't want to chance it. If she lacked strength it'd mean the thing turning on her. Veering towards the shinigami or bount then, Chesha tried to create a body design for either in her mind whilst she slept on it. The beginnings of the design were on mind when Cassiel's chest opened and dropped her right onto the ground rather than thrusting her out to stand.

The face plant didn't set her off or really register as he moved away quickly enough she missed bumping her head on his metallic frame when she shot up. "Of course! If I opt to use those ones I should make use of the extras in the body, and the same could potentially work for the other one! Oh, but then I have to account for changes upon release...obviously research needs conducting through memory recollection and evocation. The results will then determine who can become the conscious one, and thus how the body or weapon of choice might modify and be used by the body! Brilliant!" Mind a-flutter with the possibilities and the work at hand, she turned to stand in profile to the girl with the umbrella as both feet stayed stuck to the ground. Cassiel cocked his head on one side of her as Sarynn kept her head low whilst staring from the other. Curious feline eyes looked the girl up and down.

"And who...are you?"
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:00 am

Hearing quite the commotion happen behind her, Siena could only think one thing, Whom might be that then in the middle of no where, I hope it does not end up being someone whom desires to have a tussle. As it would be fairly pointless right now, and a bother... Twirling her umbrella and relaxing as the noise calmed down, Siena heard the what appeared to be girls voice ring out towards her, the echo within the town making her position all the more clear. Turning her head to which to gaze towards her Siena smirked slightly, Hello there, is it not polite to say your own name and occupation before asking of another, or is this culture also different from my philosophy of thinking? Either way Lass you should at least try to make a nicer impression upon others with first words, but I suppose it should be expected you had quite the fall, and I do hope you are alright. Getting up from her seat Siena brushed off her her dress only to approach the cat girl slowly.

It seems that you are fine though, but still you seem to be a little odd, but I should be the last one to call another odd. Where are my manners, you did ask me whom I am, and I should respond in kind. I do apologize for not doing so my mind is a bit scattered as of this moment, and filled with many thoughts. My name though I did not receive it from birth, nor from my own design is that of Siena, no last name the one whom gave it to me only told me a first name, and I ever since have seen no need for any other form of recognition. As for my appearance, and such I believe you can see it and thus I suppose a full on description, is not needed as of this point, regardless it is nice to meet you Lady....
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:04 am

Ears pricked right up at the girl's voice and first few words. 'Is that? Could it be?!' So familiar those words and in that tone...okay actually the pitch could've been a bit lower and more gravelly instead of so young but minor details. They didn't matter once Chesha's mind clicked onto something and stuck. Looking the woman over Chesha believed the clothes a bit cuter than her addled mind remembered, but then again the girl was young looking. Again. One foot swung over to propel her body to face the woman, keeping her face straight as she listened until the end. What she said certainly wasn't what the woman wanted due to her last word trailing off as a hint. Instead of her name, Chesha's face bloomed into pure happiness as she exclaimed, "Grandma!" Arms swung over the girl to encase her as Chesha cuddled up, vague sounds of purring rumbling in her chest as she nuzzled against the woman.

"Oh you smell just as I remember, and looking a lot better for your age than I recall! But oh how I've missed you, you wouldn't believe it! They said you died, but I knew Mummy and Dad were lying!" Even her tail curled into the hug, wrapping around the woman with all three tips clinging like fingers. She stayed like that for a few seconds before pulling back a little and giving Siena a hurt look, "Wait...you don't remember my name? But Grandma, its me, Chesha!" Then her brows knit as she reconsidered that a bit, "At least I think that's what Mum and Dad named me, or was that me...oh well! But Grandma its me, Chesha!" Having decided that her name wasn't such a big deal after all - mind so quickly self-soothed - Chesha quickly returned to hugging the woman without offering a last name either. Chesha long forgot it before her parents died since it was a word she couldn't pronounce with her young mouth.

Behind her Cassiel's head tilted as though trying to recall the woman - his memories came in and out. With so many souls in his core though the task of recalling anyone with great detail proved impossible. Sarynn watched with a more considering, mechanical eye. The woman appeared far to young to be anyone's "grandma" and wondered if this was the truth, or another case of Chesha "adopting" family through her less-than-ideal methods. Had she sensed something "lasting" about this woman?
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:43 am

As Chesha seemed to just hug Siena, she could only but wonder about this girls state of mind. She was no ones grandma, hell she did not even believe that hollows could reproduce, and god help the poor masses if they could. Um deary, are you sure that you have the right person, I am well quite old to be anyones grandma, nor do I believe that it is even possible for my kind to procreate, though I never have tried it myself. In any case my dear Chesha why is it that you believe me to be your grandmother I am by far too young in appearance to be one of the elderly, and it is quite evident that I myself am not able to make a child such as your parents might have been, so I must ask if you are feeling alright in the head?

Grasping the girl back slightly she just pushed her off of her slightly, It might be nice to know though if that is your real name and not just one you created, as one given by another gives you more of a memory and a feeling of self than one you had created gives you a feeling of egotism, a feeling that I myself wish to be done with. Her own face becoming somewhat stern and confused as she observed the girl seeming to be happy... happy what a strange word, and feeling. Might I ask you though, why do you seem to be so, pleased to hug someone you do not know. I know it is a strange question to ask, but at the same time I would like to have your input within this matter as it pertains to a quest of mine. So Lass if you would be so kind as to answer, why is it that you feel joy from embracing me yet you do not know me?
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:40 am

The look that crossed her face became one of utter heartbreak: rejection! Grandma no longer loved nor wanted her, and just after reuniting all these years later! A memory clicked in place while the woman inquired on truly weird things - Chesha acting as if she hadn't asked stranger ones - and waited until she'd finished talking. "I don't remember what Mum and Dad named me, and they won't tell me anymore. I made my name from a character I like in the hopes it'd bring me a bit of their ability. Which it did." She made it sound like that explained it all even though it only bridged open the book of the full story. In Chesha's mind she forgot what people knew and didn't, expecting them to understand everything right off the bat. Her voice took on a pleading tone, trying to make the woman understand (the impossible), "And you sound just like Grandma! How can you not be? Do you not love me anymore? Do you blame me for Mum and Dad's death? Why don't you want me anymore?" Near the end water entered her feline eyes, threatening to spill over at a moment's notice.

Sniffling she recalled the final inquiry, her mind forgetting for a moment that she believed the woman to be her grandmother. A moment of lucidity entered the scene as Chesha seemingly explaining her insanity though never fully. "So happy to see someone I know not? Because you could become family. Pretty women don't just wander into an abandoned town without show of fear on a regular basis. You're hiding something, something that means it'd be hard to just off you by most things out here. Sarynn and Cassiel pick up no other life forms other than you, so you're without body guards. So tell me: why are you so confident? If you were human you'd have an ability, but you don't smell human. You smell 'otherworldly.'"

Chesha's tail stayed wrapped around the woman, and though she no longer bore that smile her tone came across as matter-of-fact and face blank in wonderment. The environment hadn't completely escaped her notice, or at least the lack of other humanoid life. Animals at best frolicked down these roads and hallways. The two 'beasts' accompanying her started to circle them, investigating and Cassiel looked tempted to sniff the woman as a dog would do, while Sarynn kept her distance. Between the three someone had to have some clear thought and common sense about them.
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:13 am

The girl spoke out in a way that made her seem a little bit, off to say the least, Not that this was a bad thing but it did make Siena think on how she had arrived within this little town, she must have gotten lost, or some kind of accident, either way it was quite amusing. Not love you anymore? Lass if I knew what love was I am sure I could experience it with you, but sadly I do not know what love is nor do I feel it, something strange that I suppose all of my well kind experience, but it is something that I am trying to learn, so do not fret. You only need to find your real grandmother to find happiness I assume, so it should not be too hard now should it, well I assume that is, I would not know myself.

The rest of her answers seemed to be weird, or at least not what she had expected. How did love, and wishing to be with a random stranger have anything to do with how she was here? It really was confusing within her mind, as normally she heard about a different type of love, and such not this kind. Unique huh? Oh I feared this might happen, as coming to earth is quite troublesome, especially when I wish to just be truly alone, and dwell within my own thoughts. My dear La-- Chesha, I am something that many consider to be an abomination, and I would have to agree on many levels after seeing things from a slightly different view point, but I cannot help who I am, and I have no wish to fall as of this moment. In blunt terms, or rather what others have come to call us is that of Hollows, seeing as how we seem to lack a spiritual heart, and the other feelings that seem to make others "human", but in reality I would just call us a race that is unique in it's own right, and while lacking so much, we don't feel that we need it... well most of us. Anyhow I suppose I am drolling, and you do not wish to listen to old hollows tails now do? They are not as nice as I am as of this moment I can assure you I was quite the little Siren back during my day. Her last statement finished off with a soft tone, as if it had a bit of an air of pride about it, but still all the same regret. Her reaction to both of the robots being more of an inquisitive look than anything else. Never the less her vision was mostly upon Chesha, whom seemed to insist on bodily contact, a movement that Siena honestly didn't understand, but if the girl did then so be it, Siena would tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:37 am

In some far, back corner of her mind Chesha knew logically her grandmother died years ago before that hollow attack. 'Natural causes' since the ceremony featured an open casket. But hearing the way this woman talked right down to her accent triggered that odd response in Chesha's mind that dubbed her "grandma" and any other like terms. Another part of her, the primal part that sensed a predator screamed to get away even as she wanted to lock her arms around the woman again because she knew this woman wouldn't go down easy in a fight. Somehow, not that she could explain it logically or scientifically. The woman insisted she find her (dead) grandmother for happiness instead, and it made Chesha want to cry because the woman kept rejecting her. Then came the explanation of 'what' she was: a hollow. The same type that destroyed her father's work place and killed his coworkers: the fuel for Cassiel's core and Chesha's first taste at molding souls. Truly a fearsome creature since it'd devoured the shinigami that came after it, providing the first few subjects of shinigami souls for Chesha's little collection. Quincy family even failed to take it out until they'd gained their second chance and knew the creature a bit better...and then Chesha gained her first hollow soul.

"A Hollow..." Cassiel began to growl at the woman as Sarynn lowered her body more to brandish her bow as wings stretched out. Mysteriously - to anyone outside of Chesha's mind - they just...stopped. Sarynn picked her body back up with wings folding in - keeping a cautious eye on her - while Cassiel gave a canine-like groan and shook his head. "Then I was right and your level of difficulty surpasses that of mere mortal means and requires a spiritual edge before you can go down. Despite Shinigami armaments their chances are a hit and miss depending on your capabilities, with the same for any race other race. I should know, it took two families before I finally rid myself of that tracking Hollow." Eyes kept wide as she seemingly analyzed the woman, orbs roaming in a search for the telltale hole that marked the emptiness of Hollows.

'Darn must be under the clothes somewhere,' and despite the fact it was due to a Hollow her life held so many holes...it comforted her. Shinigami scared her more than the usually ravenous beasts because they could look upon her as an enemy at any moment. A collector of souls created imbalance just as much as a Quincy destroying a Hollow...and there was the fact this woman had yet to veer towards bloodthirsty battle on her. The shinigami from the other day backed down, but her cautious mind told her never to trust them since she made the mistake of collecting a few of their souls...which brought upon the distraction of her mind blanking back to designs. The frame from a corner market store groaned as her mind yanked and pulled until it gave way and dragged along the ground. Metal: she required metal and a lot of it. All around them buildings moaned in pain as she ripped out beams and any pieces her mind picked up. Behind her a neat pile began to form, some of the pieces curling around each other as her mind worked absentmindedly on that and came back to the matter at hand.

Brows nit as the hurt expression replaced the blank, analytical one, "Why don't you want to be my grandma? Did I do something wrong? If I did I'm sorry..." Both ears lowered like a dog realizing a tongue lashing was about to ensue and the dreadful words of "bad dog" would be uttered in a moment. Slowly and regretfully the tail loosened its grip from the woman's waist to slide away and slink along the ground until it wrapped around Chesha's feet in a submissive manner.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:45 am

It was nice here. Quiet, secluded, hidden away from the hustle and bustle of larger cities. Unfortunately, relaxing was not the reason for visiting this place. All alone, sat a man, at an empty street vendor's shop. He wore a solid grey, hooded sweatshirt, with the hood over his head, concealing his face. It wasn't his usual attire, but it was a little cold for his tastes here, and it helped him keep his face hidden. Of course, hiding his face wouldn't help his goal at all, but this was still pretty new for him, so it was better safe, than sorry. It had only been a couple months, now, since the old man had passed. Since, the pupil had spent his time honing his skills, making sure that he was as prepared for his task as possible. That, and, with no current employment, he had a lot of free time on his hands. This night, he had hoped, would be the final exam. If he could take a Hollow down solo, then he was ready. Sure, he'd slain a good plenty with the aid of his mentor, but that option wasn't viable anymore. And that was why he had chosen this small, abandoned township. The Hollows here were bound to be weaker than those who had been sitting in Tokyo, devouring souls left and right over the years.

Just moments ago, he finally heard a couple of voices, something to make a whole night of sitting and waiting worthwhile. Judging by the tones, he could tell that they were both female. And from the volume, he determined that they weren't too far away, perhaps even as close as on the other side of the building that sat across the forgotten street. It wasn't long before a single word was uttered: Hollow. He found his mark. Likely, it was a hungry spirit, biding its time before devouring a lost soul. Not tonight.

As he stood, a few vines, which had wrapped themselves around his legs over the past few hours, snapped, and loosed their hold on jeans that had seen better days. There was a quiet jingle with each step, uttered by ten small, silver rectangles clipped to a belt loop. He kept his head low, remembering to stick to that shadows. Step after step, his heart began to beat more quickly. He was ready for this, and he knew it. If only he could convince himself that it was true. The voices drew closer, until they were literally just around the corner of the wall he suddenly pressed his back against. The next action had to be flawless, committed, and flow without hesitation. If he doubted himself, for even half a second, it could very well mean the end.

Taking a deep breath, the hooded figure stepped out from behind the darkened corner, a sudden, brilliant, golden flash illuminating the immediate area, originating from his left hand. What appeared to me the head of a lion's head with a magnificent, flowing mane, shot from the wrist behind the hand, biting down upon a clenched fist. In the same time, eight serpentine tails emerged in a circular formation, evenly spread, from the golden mane. This manifestation happened instantly, with a burst of energy that caused the left sleeve of the sweatshirt to, quite literally, explode into thousands of fabric scraps, leaving only a bare, pale arm, the adapted form of a chimera sitting at the end. Raising the weapon, and drawing back, a single, golden bolt flickered to life along an invisible string as he took aim at his target. And then hesitated.

Now, he wasn't exactly the most experienced on reading Reiatsu signatures, but he knew what a Hollow felt like. Of the four beings before him, though, none of them seemed to be human, actually. There were two reptilian-esque creatures, which prompted a raised eyebrow, then there was the young girl, whom had a tail, and ears that would look more at home on a cat. Not that she didn't wear them well, that was, but they just didn't belong on her head. The fourth character before him, was probably the most human looking of them all, but also the one that felt most like a Hollow. And yet, something wasn't quite right. For one, there was no mask, no monstrous form, just a simple human being. Although her Reiatsu felt like a Hollow at first, there was something very different about it, something more... Civilized. Regardless, he kept the golden light show focused, switching targets between the four every couple of seconds.

"Which one of you is the Hollow?" he demanded in a shaken, confused tone, speaking pure English, without the tiniest hint of an accent, clearly displaying his origin. So much for his final exam. This could have very easily turned into a four-on-one massacre, at the end of which, he would simply vanish into the night, ceasing to exist. Behind the shaded visage that kept a stern expression, he desperately begged for the old man to give him a hand, any way possible.
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Now it seemed as if the girl was going on about Hollows and Shinigami, a lesson that Siena knew oh so well, but didn't really care to discuss as of this moment. Too much had gone on between her and shinigami, with her being the evil little nom nom bitch whom killed them. This all of course lead up to her feeling a little bit offended at the comments the girl had said, though it wasn't her fault as most people whom knew of the whole "other side" reacted like this, it still made Siena feel a bit like a mindless killing machine, which while she was once a mindless killing machine, she wished not to be anymore; If any motha fucka comes over she is gonna have to smack a bitch..

The girl however as fast as she got onto that subject seemed to change to a different one, involving her sulking, and asking why Siena didn't want to be her grandma. It's not that she didn't want to, but she felt she would be a horrible one, and well her very presence could draw trouble to the girl as it seemed to do so often. Um I am sorry if what I am is a monster, but I am not in the business anymore of killing others for the sport of it, it simply has no more of an interest to me. I would much rather just be alone than... well you see the reason that I do not wish to be your grandmother is not because you seem like a terrible person, it is just that I believe I would be quite the horrible grandmother, seeing as I lack the ability to feel love in the slightest, it would mean that I wouldn't understand what you are feeling at times when you would need me most. Logically it wouldn't make much sense, but if you are going to be in such pain over me not being that which you desire, and since I have free time upon my hands, I suppose I could always try my dear. Don't blame me if it turns out that I am more of the type to kick a puppy, and punch a kitten, instead of giving you a hug.

As she finished her little ramble however another appeared. Of course she knew he was here... alright no she didn't damn quincy are impossible to track, but still she did now. His words seeming to be filled with uncertainty, something a normal hollow would have exploited right then and there, and if she had been anything like she was six hundred or so years ago, things would have turned bad quite fast, good thing she was locked up for a good three hundred years. Separating herself from Chesha slightly as to single herself out, Siena breathed a deep breathe, her right hand raising up to grab hold of her hat. Honestly the other types of souls have it so easy, not being assaulted like this on a daily basis, it gets quite old after a while... Lad.. removing her hat and bending her head down slightly she showed the back end of the top of her head, covered by a dark grey like plate, it's ends seeming to disappear within her hair. I am the hollow for which you seek, and you may take your shot as of this moment if your heart truly desires so, but it seems as if you have doubts about doing such an action correct otherwise you would have shot at me already. Lad I must ask before you do another action, why it is that you have decided to take such a stance against me when I am doing nothing wrong, and only wish to be left alone really. I would like to know that at the very least if you do fire and kill me that there was a purpose behind your actions, it is the least that you could give someone before ending their life.
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Chesha's mind failed to figure out what killing had to do with it: wasn't it better the woman no longer took lives mindlessly? This way she might be less likely to kill Chesha, and thus, already like a loving grandmother where Sarynn was her sister and Cassiel a lot like the family pet. The poor, conglomeration of messed up souls. Instead of acting down or depressed anymore, she made the comment with a slight bit of pity, "Aww poor kitty and puppy." Sympathy parted, Chesha brightened greatly at the prospect of finding a grandmother: another member of the family! Nothing more could be said as there wasn't any time before another presence made themselves known. Should she be mad? Should she be sad? Should she be happy instead? Her head turned to stare at the fellow out of the corner of her eye - critically eying the frayed edge of the sweatshirt he power-blasted off. Quincy could do that? Her second mother and father never lost sleeves, and recalled vague skirt flares from her sister with nothing more taking place. Perchance he was a seasoned veteran then...

...who couldn't discern Hollows by energy signals alone.

To his credit they stood awfully close and Chesha looked far more the apparent monster than Siena. An unholy child in the eyes of most religions save for Buddhism - love all creatures and thus why she kept a little statue in her bag - he appeared just as put off by her as her main choice of company. Fair enough since he had his bow trained on them and Sarynn's wings glowed with a similar, albeit blue like her exterior, energy over the wings. Spikes curled up and down the main Arches with multiple strings stretching along the ends. In the end it looked like the most inconvenient harp anyone could create, and yet hands still stretched over to pull them back and charge in the Reishi. Far less flashy than him and yet flashier than Cassiel, who managed as much as standing in front of Chesha and snarling at the threatening newcomer. The most fearsome of that stemmed from his lack of eyes and yet staring right in the direction of the male. Of the three Chesha looked the least concerned since her mind already focused on two subjects: her new grandmother and the pile of metal moving, molding, and forming not ten feet from the stranger.

By now pieces flew away to mold into the finer instruments inside most basic technology and then warp to what it might look like a hundred or thousand years in the future of progression, only to fly back into the moving mass. 'No no, must focus!' Siena walked away from Chesha and caused a flair of panic due to most sane - and the man appeared to be one - people destroyed a Hollow on sight. But...but Chesha wanted family that could last, and this one didn't seem to desire blood like most so maybe she could work out! Her mouth flew open before she fully formed the plea and idea in her mind, offering up rare treasures she usually kept a tight-lipped secret, "If you must kill a Hollow I could bring you one! It might take me a bit of time to fix their soul so they're back to full power and body...but I'd spare one of the ones I have if you let her live. I just got a new grandma and you want to take her away from me?!" Tears began streaming down as her large watery eyes stayed trained on the guy and caused more growling from the eyeless bot in front of her.

"Speak quick: I hold no qualms attacking my kind when the occasion arises." Though in honesty Sarynn felt it a bit sketchy to request a Hollow as a family member. Humans: of course. Shinigami: fuck no. Hollows: why? Her younger sister already planned to create a Hollow family member - that'd be safely controlled and kill on demand. In the end the instincts of the three souls within the body understood only Chesha's desires from both a family standpoint, and due to the unintentional control Chesha sometimes utilized despite the agreement not too. Chaos made her mind react without thought, so they'd forgive her later. Even then it slipped away as the feline girl's mind turned back to the swirling and dancing mass of parts reforming and crunching or curving itself with a worried expression in place.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 am

Damn his hesitation. How could he have faltered? Years were leading up to this moment, and when it came down to it, he just couldn't pull the trigger. However, something, probably the prospect of self preservation, kept the glowing weapon and projectile in place. At least, now he knew which figure to focus it upon. Even though the two more animal-eqsue beings seemed to react in a defensive manner, they appeared to be holding off on the attack. The trigger was most likely his own slaying of the Hollow woman. That alone would have been reason enough to think twice before firing. However, the way she acted also took him off guard. When threatened, a Hollow usually fights back without a second though. But this one was giving itself up willingly.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't erase you," he finally spoke again, "Hollows are beings of evil, devouring the souls of the innocent. Why? To become whole again? To bring about chaos and destruction? Or is it just to have some sort of twisted fun? I made a promise, once, to an old, dear friend of mine, that I would do everything in my power to keep the living world safe from such terrors, and I'll be damned to the furthest depths of Hell if I break that promise." Even as such bold words still hung in the air, he could not follow through. This just wasn't right. Other Hollows that he'd slain, with the old man... They didn't have faces, or personalities. Just bloodthirsty, killing machines, was all they were. "So, please, tell me why I should let you continue to exist."

In truth, the other woman was more frightening. What, exactly, did she mean by going to get him a Hollow soul? Perhaps she stored away all of the souls that she came across. It wasn't out of the question, but quite far fetched. And what was this about a new grandmother? The Hollow didn't even look old enough to be her mother, let alone her mother's mother. Perhaps that was the reason he stayed his weapon. This whole event was just so bizarre, that perhaps, subconsciously, he wanted to see how it ended.
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Looking over towards Chesha, slightly Siena could only think that this child was indeed quite insane, insane to the point of pretty much defending someone like her, and proclaiming that she is her grandma just well... because. Oh well nothing she could really do about it, what she could do something about on the other hand was attempt a little bit of diplomacy. Well I can't give you reasons as to not kill me, as it seems that your mind, and heart are set upon it Lad, but I can assure you that I have no intention of performing a violent act against you myself. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I care about you, on the contrary it is for my own selfish reasoning. I simply find combat no longer to be a form of conduct I wish to partake within so long as it has no purpose, though that does get me thinking...

Looking upon him, and studying his own pattern of movements ever so slightly she closed her eyes only to shake her head, though honestly I do not believe you would be a fitting person to put an end to me if you so shiver mentally at the sight of me. Nervousness, and reckless all in one, you really seem like a smart man, but at the same time quite foolish. In all honesty I lied before about me actually letting you end my life, if this is the type of person you are then it would be shameful to all whom had fallen within my service, and all whom I had killed. You must remember that hollows know of honor as well as everyone else, and it would be a crying shame to have you end my existence, as well as any other hollows as of this moment. Her tone seeming to be condescending, in reality her motives were slightly different. She didn't know how to care about others, but she did know how to teach them a lesson.

Removing the glove from her left arm, Siena raised her left arm towards the sky to her left, and palm exposed. Lad, I will say this one time only, I have no intention as of this moment for you to kill me and likewise I have no intention of attacking you, for I wish to escape from the violence that is my home, but if you intend on fighting me then I will not back down. Though I beg you to reconsider for a few reasons, as it seems you did not know of me, perhaps it would be a much better use of your time to learn from me about the world of hollows, then to kill one whom is not hostile towards you. Besides if my guess of your knowledge of hollows is true then you do not even know about cero do you? Gathering energy within the palm of her left hand, she let of a cero towards the sky,, it's color being a glittering cyan in color. After firing the small beam she looked at her palm, a bit of disappointment within her, still lacking even one fourth of it's former power, even after all of these years, truly I must still be repenting. So then what do you say, better to learn from a non hostile about their own body, and species then to outright kill them no?
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 am

Things always became weird when multiple powered-folk got together. Instinct decreed the two humans tag team the Hollow, but Chesha liked her too much to do that. The speech really and truly reminded her of the old woman who birthed Chesha's blood mother, and in a weird way also reminded the odd girl of her adoptive mother. Curiosity then demanded to know what the woman was capable of, because Chesha couldn't protect 'weak' family members: they died more easily. Chesha wanted family that could last...so she wasn't sure about trying to add the eager Quincy fellow. Either way the two robotic figures relaxed as Chesha's body took on a more loose posture and walked further away from her “Grandmother” and the end of the bow.

Attention sat riveted on the body taking shape feet away from the guy as she pondered what color to later paint it. 'Maybe a nice blue like Sarynn,' she considered as some of the parts came to float in front of her. Metal melted and ripped apart to conform to the desired shape within her mind before her eyes. The other two could play while Chesha built...sounded better that way. Maybe they wouldn't notice her since she'd never done this in front of another...person. 'Almost made a bad joke with “soul.” Heh.' The body came along fast though, mind working even while the man talked and spouted about getting rid of threats or another.

”I don't get it,” she mused out loud, ”Why do some people talk like Hollows are the only bad ones on the planet? I mean, I suppose its reasonable only Shinigami bother with them, being spiritual beings as it is. But why don't Quincy go after the bad humans too? Those rapists and murderers and other lovely people featured on those Law n' Order shows. Sure, you keep the world safe from otherworldly “terrors,” but you keep it wide open for the worldly ones.” She reconsidered saying this for the world to hear for a split second before accepting they likely paid her no mind. And her mind worried a bit about being considered “evil” or so for what she was about to do...except she wasn't a spiritual being so much as capable of seeing and fighting them. Human as much as the Quincy guy. And using soul-eaters as the power core this time.

Cassiel and Sarynn had trailed Chesha over to their newest addition, Sarynn keeping a wary eye towards the guy as Cassiel took more interest in what Chesha was up too. Careful control was placed over him thanks to his more animalistic instincts compared to Sarynn's true intelligence. Need granted the portal Chesha required, and promptly stuck her hand in as though rummaging through a bag while Cassiel called each item to her hand. First a small orb popped out and the opposite hand caught it. The surface appeared akin to glass, with a swirling, pearly liquid inside; when in honesty it felt cool, soft, and smooth to the touch. The thing would squish if her hand clamped down on it, and another one popped out of the whole to float in front of her – a bizarre magnetization keeping it afloat thanks to the other one. The final one came out in her left hand from the tear, which closed once it was no longer needed.

'Three turned to two, and down to one...yeah, molding it together seamlessly would be best.' Only two previous occasions, both under the stress of attack, made this less extreme and almost more confusing since before Chesha performed the fusion without a thought and now had to recall how she even accomplished the feat. 'They feel magnetized and almost drawn to one another...maybe...' Before, in the heat of the moment, she brought the souls together, and chose to test this theory by bringing the two held ones to the middle one. Stunned, she observed as the middle one shredded in half to combine with the other two milky souls, their color taking on a pale blue hue. Having seen it now, the final two – slightly larger – orbs smashed into each other under her will and slight boredom since it became “old news” quickly. The final product of a larger, pale but darker-than-before blue orb sat in her hands and glowed.

'Life.'

Was this what mother's felt the moment a doctor plopped the newborn into their arms? Chesha preferred the stillness to the wriggling mass, but she felt that beat of life within her hands and the potential of it. ”Three souls for life, two dolls for power, and one doll for protection,” she sung under her breath as she pushed the orb into the lifeless and cold metallic body. Light glowed into the eyes and brightened over seconds as power spread throughout the body – with a little guidance from Chesha. She tested the movement capabilities as it stood up for the first time and caused a large grin to spread. Cupping the head, Chesha couldn't help crooning at her new creation, ”Oh you shall be a lovely addition to the family! Only need to figure out a name and finish the body.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 am

The self-proclaimed Hollow had decided to show off, puff up and look intimidating. At first, it almost worked, as the color of the beam took the Quincy by surprise. However, after a second's analysis, he could determine that it was a Cero. He'd only seen it a few times, when they had been fired from the tall bastards with long noses. Gillian, he remembered, the old man called them. Did that mean that this woman was a form of Hollow that surpasses that? He sure knew how to pick them. Not only was he up against a being that he knew little about, and whom could possibly tear him apart without breaking a sweat, but there was also the other being, with the tail, not to mention the three other unknown factors.

The Quincy did a double take. Three? There were only two before. Given, the latest addition seem to still be within creation process, but it seemed to already be taking a distinct shape, in the few moments that they had been conversing. This meant that he could be up against an entire army, if things drew on long enough. With a defeated sigh, he dropped his left arm, the weapon vanishing from sight with a bright flash, as it dissolved into a thin cloud of golden particles that eventually floated away with the breeze.

"Fair enough," he stated, "I know when I can't win." He shifted around on his feet, turning his back on the small group. He didn't start walking. Not yet, anyway. They had shown him mercy enough to not attack yet, so he would show them the same sort of respect, making himself vulnerable, while he finished speaking. "However, know that this isn't the last time we will meet. I will take your words with a grain of salt. You say that there are Hollow who can refrain from blood lust, but so far, I'm still in need of solid proof. So, I will continue as I have, cutting the creatures down as I find them. But, for your sake, I will keep my eyes open." He paused for a moment, looking over his shoulder, finally. "As for your ranting, girl... There are many answers I could give you. For instance, there are already people in place who take care of living criminals. The dead ones, however, there is no policing, aside from myself, any others like me, that are still out there, and the Shinigami. And just between us, those sword swinging morons are about as effective as tossing a rock at a rabid dog to try and scare it away. Does it stop the beast from tearing your leg apart? No, it just pisses the damned thing off, so it takes the other leg too. I hunt Hollows because no one else will." That should have sufficed as an answer. Not quite satisfied with the situation, he began walking away at a slow pace. He shook his head. Something still wasn't quite right about this situation, it didn't suit him to just up and run away. But at this point, what other choice did he have?
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 am

It seemed as if he was willing to listen to reason. This was a good sign for things overall, at least some didn't view Hollows as just monsters. The blunt fact of the matter however was that Siena still did not really believe that hollows weren't monsters herself, with her own past experiences of course being the motivation for such things. Though at least her words had seemed to work, but it also seemed to make him feel as if he was the one whom needed to retreat. This made her feel slightly... guilty? Could that really be a word she could use either way it was the only thing she could really describe how she felt. Wait a moment there my good lad, it seems as if my words have not sent you within the right direction. Did I not say I would help you understand hollows, not to run scared like a school girl from a murderer? Honestly this decision of your's to retreat makes me quite guilty towards what I had said, and done. Of course coming from my point of view I am trying my best to talk, and behave on a level that would not offend anyone here to the point of violence, but you must understand how hard it is.

Shifting her umbrella over her back, Siena sighed slightly, as she looked over towards Chesha, the girl had heart which was all fine and dandy, but Siena could handle this one on her own. It wasn't as if she didn't appreciate the help, but this was more of a matter that she needed to handle, as bitterness was something she knew full well, and it took allot to have someone overcome it, but if they could their abilities would sky rocket to the point of being able to bypass all of the silly emotions that plagued ones mind. Though if I did offend I shall give you my dearest condolences, as I only wish to help, and not harm anymore, too many have fallen to my lust for power for me to actually be redeemed, but if I can at least prevent myself from murdering others, and assisting in those whom wish to harm others of my kind, it might help just a little bit... so will you still refuse my offer to teach you about hollows, I should warn you that if you do, you may never get another chance like this again within your life time, as I doubt others would wish to expose the information about my kind, as not even the Shingami really trust your type now do they? Her voice would trail off, like a waterfall, the end of her words being filled with a sort of attention drawer, that could possibly lead to his decision changing. Either way though this seemed to be an interesting meeting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 am

'Wonder if authorities deal with bad Quincies then, or do Shinigami? Maybe it changes...and bad Shinigami are a free-for-all?' She grinned when he insulted the Shinigami, often having a similar opinion herself. After all if they were so mighty why did the same Hollow kill two of her families, and likely many others? Surely if they were so excellent they would've dealt with it before such escalation. They always came off as suspicious to her as well, discounting the threat she believed they posed to her. Footsteps caught her attention and she shot off without so much as a thought, "Wanna be my uncle? Or cousin, I really don't mind which." She paused in her ministrations over the awakening robot as she wondered where that came from. She liked Quincy folk, and pitied the fellow since he bit off a bit more than he could chew on this occasion it appeared. Just because he threatened her new grandmother didn't mean she hated him though.

"Grandma," as she'd come to be known to Chesha, also hailed the man before he gained anymore distance with the promise of wonderful information. How often did a Hollow offer to dish out the info on their kind verbally? Information was usually gathered through bouts with potential for another Hollow to throw off all you believed. In fact she hoped he took her up on the offer because then Chesha could listen in too. Anything she could learn might make conquering the eventual Hollow soul easier rather than always holding a battle of wills. To understand the beast and come to create a partnership...the movies made it look far better and more valuable than breaking them. She opted for the guise of working after her little over-the-shoulder comment while she truly listened with about half her attention.

The other half did actually continue to work as she gestured to Cassiel while calling him mentally. Quickly he trotted over with a few growls - the equivalent of barking for a dog, and she made her request, "Open up, I need two of 'em now. While the body is still freshly made." Thus his chest cavity opened like anytime he pulled her into it for a long bout of travel, bout out fell two objects once owned by two of teh souls now encased within the freshly made robot. One would've been the oddest thing to carry as it looked more like some over the top version of the Holy Grail, something an actor would carry onto stage or some comedy movie might utilize. Jewels that appeared no better than fake glistened despite being true gems, and the thing had been overly polished to the point of lines streaking the surface. The other came off no better due to its stuffed animal exterior. A fluffy Border Collie, complete with button eyes and a plush nose, it flopped onto the ground with a squeak and minor ruffling of its fur. Chesha often met the strangest people in her travels.

Realizing they might watch Chesha threw a suspicious, but "casual" look over her shoulder at the other two. People simply didn't watch her create, much less add in final touches, so with a snap of her fingers Cassiel dropped a portable curtain. Sarynn shook her head as she walked to join the group and aid Chesha in setting up the odd curtain with koi fish swimming over the surface. She chanced another peek around the curtain - tail poking out the other side - before deciding it worked and set to inlaying the two objects into the robot. From behind the curtain a screech and two growls could be heard, assisted in its bizarreness when some otherworldy voice cried "Why?" in a dramatic fashion. All of then silenced as a few low growls and hums filled the little work station from the new robot. "Don't mind me! Only working." The voice failed to match the scene, innocent compared to the Dr. Frankenstein sound effects and noises. If words were visible a little heart would've been tacked onto the end.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:54 am

Feet halted, a heavy breath escaping from the Quincy's chest. This must have been a joke. The Hollow's mocking stung like a sucker punch to the back of the head. Was she trying to provoke him? All this talk of remaining peaceful, and trying to avoid conflict... Surely, with such hostile utterances, they were nothing more than lies. Still, he had to remain calm, else face a fight he had no hope of surviving. Slowly, he pivoted, facing the two female creatures, along with the two and one half abominations. Fortunately, the hood, covering most of his face, masked the frustration and anger.

"Family isn't something you can choose so easily, girl," he said to the one behind the curtain, using the change in mental subjects to cool his head a little, "I likely won't be around long enough for you to get too close." He then shifted his glare to the Hollow woman, his attempt to cool down failing as the rage found its way back. It was hard for her to be peaceful? Well, that made two people, then. "And you. Just what can you teach me about Hollows that I can use? Tell me all you want, but how am I to know that you aren't simply feeding me false information? What the hell kind of being is so self-important that they would offer help to someone who has vowed genocide on their kind? You want me to believe that you're remorseful? That you resent your past? Stop fooling yourself. Blood stains don't wash away so easily. Either that, or you're dense. I suppose it hadn't occurred to you that the information you were so eager to share would be used against you in the future, when I came back to finish the job I started tonight."

His voice had been quiet, almost likened to a growl. There was no point in shouting to someone who wasn't more than a couple yards away, in an environment where noises were a factor. He should have shot when he had the chance, when he still had the element of surprise. Curse his nerves, and inability to shoot something with a face without at least a second thought, if not a third or fourth. "So, I ask you again: What reason is there, for me to stick around, and listen to your lies?"
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:35 am

As Artemis seemed to go onto a little tantrum, Siena just sighed a bit. It seemed that he didn't get the gist of what she was saying, or rather he didn't know what she meant by what she had said. Perhaps she said it in a way that made him feel upset. Look I am sorry if it seems that I am talking in a way that offends you, but you must understand that I am a creature, that does not know of Compassion, or how to sugar coat anything that I speak of. It is a curse that I suffer from my good lad, and it is one that I shall never know the end of, of course this is why I speak in logic, so if I come across as a bit rude I do apologize for that. Her tone staying the same throughout, the words being cold and harsh, but at the same time making sense. It was true, she didn't know any other form of emotion really other than anger, or malice. She could normal at times of course, but that was fleeting and only after a good little hollow snack, though thankfully she was a cannibal or else she would have no one to speak with other than potential prey.

And you ask why I would share this information with you when it could be used against me? Well one reason is arrogance on my part, and how I believe that I could still defeat you even if you attacked me, as I know generally the way that you quincies fight, but you know nothing of my own personal abilities, which if you ever did it would strike more terror into you than anything that you humans could create. A death from me is not one that allows for you to fight back, but one which you shall suffer through for possibly years on end... and even if I fall it shall remain. So then that is one of the reasons that I will tell you about hollows, the other one however is simply because there is competition for me upon the higher ranks, and frankly you desire for hollows to die just as much as I do. Many of them are not as kind as I am towards humans and Shinigami, which I do not enjoy attacking in the slightest, so foolishly attacking me would make no sense. Besides I could even cut a deal with you, you could help me kill other hollows, and you gain what you want, they are gone, and I gain what I want which is a nice meal. It would work out for both of us, and I could take you to where they truly live. Not to mention it would be fun to team up with another outside of my own race, who only desire kills, but mostly because I am selfish. The real reason is... Her hands clenching together, she let out a sigh.

The real reason as to why I wish to go with you though is because I wish to find out what your emotions are. I want to know why it is that when someone falls you feel sorrow, I want to know what i means to feel all of those emotions that I cannot feel... for the sole reason that is must be why I lost against the Soul Society oh so long ago.... would you please give the honor of learning about these from someone whom can actually feel them. So would you honor this selfish old hollows request?
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 am

'Almost hard to tell if he's simply foolish or just dense,' Chesha thought as she worked behind the curtain. Oh how she wondered what Unaru might think of this little beauty, though hardly little and actually taller than both of her other two – though Cassiel stood on all fours to be fair. She remolded the final doll, sculpting its metallic surface into something new as she mentally yanked additions from the nearby building. Once she booted up the main body this one would likely take another form until necessary, but she wouldn't leave any of her little darlings unarmed against those who wished to prey on the lot. Simply too cruel, like giving birth to a declawed feline. 'Obviously he's never heard of adoption.'

Siena's words came out simply beautifully, Chesha delighted upon learning more about her newfound grandmother. Almost like a marriage of convenience in a matter of words, without the little certificate unless they truly wished for proper documentation. But in this world the true underworld deals amounted to much more than government ties, such brittle things those, and the likes of paper couldn't hold back either side when things went south or minds changed. However the man sounded near volatile and ready to lash out because he refused to look deeper than appearance and natural species amongst those of the other realm. They lived a shadow existence that he may know about, but some part of him still refused to fully accept it. He was nothing more than a hunter with a new license and practice with a game, but without the full experience and knowledge necessary to succeed. A smart individual, however, when showed the way surely. His words weren't all foolish.

”Before you deign to say “nay” and runaway,” she interjected while still behind the curtain, ”please allow me a few words, because you both are a little blinded to the other's side of things. Though hardly either of your's fault.” Booting the new pair up could wait, and for now the curtain would remain in place before her grand unveiling. Maybe not even unveil for them since she wasn't sure if they could appreciate the full grandeur of her creation. Calmly and coolly she walked around it towards the Quincy fellow, her backpack left behind and thus her pistols away. Unarmed and lacking danger, enough to hopefully not land her an arrow in her belly as she came within feet of him

”Its too late to turn back for you, don't you see? Whatever exciting or mundane life you lived is forever in tatters within your past. But deep down you already understand this, I'm sure of it, just that consciously you refuse to think so. Right now its more like you're a slightly abnormal human who can see things others can't. Tell me, without full knowledge what is it you hope to accomplish? You already said it: you won't be around long. You've accepted death and haven't in some truly weird contradiction. You're half awake right now.” By now she stood all of a foot from him, one of her hands sliding down the rim of her hood, pulling it down. Within an instant her other hand grabbed hold of his and yanked both of them down, feline eyes vividly alive, ”Either fully wake up or go to sleep and end up in a padded room! You're on the bridge of insanity and sanity, truly a precarious position. Clinging to sanity now is going to kill you: its too late for that past life. If you strive for that you will become nothing more than a perceived nutter in a mental institution, killed likely by a Hollow or suicide!”

Energy bubbled up in her, starting to stalk around him at a slow pace as a hand ghosted an inch away from his chest, ”But its not easy embracing insanity, you know? I completely understand because I had to do it at least twice now as I turned each family of mine into a new creature. I had to accept their deaths, the world I live in, and stop running from it. Though that's why I only want the insane of our world within my family, and willing to let you in. You say you can't choose family: tell that to the Quincies that adopted me years ago. They chose me rather than cast me from their land. Why should I be constrained within the blinded society?.” By now she stood behind him, tail curled around in front of him like an open claw or hand blocking him from Siena and the rest of the “real world” he saw. Fingers danced up and down his spine as though playing the piano, ”But I chose insanity because without it, I'd have died at the hands of the Hollow once hunting me. I'd be captured by now by some government as they tried to trick me into creating for them. In our world, you have to be insane because the insane survive.

So few ever heard this, and Chesha hardly liked explaining herself unto others because they generally failed to comprehend it. Some part of her thought he might, and actually grasp the straws even if it took awhile: she couldn't predict everything. Besides, some part of her, odd as it felt, wanted to help the fellow so he didn't become dust in time. He possessed courage and guts, so rarely found at the start of an introduction to this life. ”What makes us insane though?” she came back around, tail completely encircling his legs to keep him in place, the appendage moving so one of the ends slid over his shoulder in an odd embrace. The other two danced and tapped against his stomach and knee, undecisive on accepting him yet, and leaving that opportunity for decided freedom, ”We're insane because we persist on functioning. Rather than devolve into a drooling mass of incomprehension, you came around the corner with your bowstring ready for action, and lost your sleeve in the process. Somehow you've come to know a few things about “Hollows” and what they do, and you could run. You could deny their existence. You could do a lot of things.”

An angelic smile came over her face then, almost strange for such an out-of-sorts sounding woman, ”So you see? You're insane because you've seen this grand Underworld, yet you function. Only the insane see the true underbelly and take up arms, because that's going against our human nature to survive. Even now you have yet to run screaming.” Hoping he wouldn't reject it, she reached up to pat his head a little, and see if his hair was soft, ”So think about it: you could go off and face this world alone while struggling to fully grasp it, or you can accept us and it. Grandma offers to help you while gaining a few meals, and within my family you'd also have myself and my brother – no, he's not a robot or technologically based in anyway. If you join I'll even let you choose your spot! I don't mind, really, I just want people I know can survive, even if they require a little training to do so. I'm very tired of collecting family souls so they can continue fighting.” Though she was tired of it, she continued smiling in the hopes he'd accept as she pulled her hood back up and her ears popped through their customary holes. One eye peaked up at him, watching and waiting as she stayed within that close proximity.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 am

Of all the things that his mentor had prepared him for, this sure as hell wasn't one of them. For that, the Quincy cursed the old bastard. Hollows are all evil, and must be destroyed on sight. They will try anything just to continue surviving, to keep on destroying. They may even take human hostages, or turn the living to their side. You must never let your guard down, never second guess yourself. You are the only, one being, that can be trusted. The words rang in the back of his mind as clear as a bell. Especially the final statement. He could only trust himself? Did that mean he couldn't trust the very man who had told him that? What a contradiction that was. Of course, these thoughts were nothing new. They had been mulled over a hundred times before. In the end, he had no choice but to heed them. That was why he had come here alone. That, and the fact that he didn't actually have anyone to come to his aid anymore. And yet, here someone was doing just that. Both of the figures before him were extending a hand, hoping that he would take it. The scary part was that, for some strange reason, believed the claims to be genuine. What would the old man have had to say about this mess?

The girl with the tail underwent a sudden transformation, taking him by surprise as she instantly gained fifty years worth of maturity. As she circled him, seemingly inspecting him, she began a sort of speech. Her investigation made him rather uncomfortable, being as physically close as she was, but the discomfort was masked be a building rage. His body began literally heating up. Every tap of a fingertip, brush of her tail, footstep circling around him, was just another degree higher. If one of them looked close enough, they would be able to notice an aura of distorted air extruding a fraction of an inch away from his frame, caused by heat waves. His eyes were locked with hers, as they had been since she first approached him. Even as she circled behind him, he kept track from the corners of his vision. In truth, he completely comprehended everything that the girl had said. But she was wrong.

"Listen to yourself," he growled, metaphoric ice covering his now exposed face, "What you ask of me, I cannot do. You tell me that I am insane. I understand, and somewhat agree. You ask me to dive further into this insanity, to throw away my past completely, and to let the madness engulf me completely. I'm sorry, but not everyone is so fortunate as you are, to have had their ties to sanity torn away from them. I already have a family. A real one. I still have a mother, and a father, and a brother, who are all, still, very much alive. That is the reason that I cling to life." Though his outward appearance was stoic, and nonthreatening, his voice dripped with malice, daring to slit the girl's throat with a sharp tongue. Prior to the grand speech of psychosis, he had been angry, yes, but it was nothing compared to his current rage. It was all he could to keep from lashing out, but there was a very sincere urge to hit something... Hard... "I push forward because I still have something to fight for, something to protect, not because I wish to secure my own existence. I am not so selfish. And you ask me to be so, to give up my sanity in exchange for self service. You might be shocked to hear this, but I can hold my own. It may take longer on my own, but in time, I will come to understand this extension to the world, in its entirety. And I will survive, no, thrive, without having to let go of the things, the people, that you claim are hindrances."

Even with the verbal assault, some of what the hooded girl had said, made it through. It was true that allies made difficult times less so, and it was always nice to have friends. After a single, very deep breath, with closed eyes, his body temperature stabilized, and he resumed. "However, what you said does have its merits. If you insist, I will join your little band. However, do know that I will never, willingly give up the life I had before jumping into this madness." He shifted his gaze to the older one, the Hollow. "And you have my truce, for the time being. However, if you ever get in my way, or turn on me, I will not hesitate a second time. As for your meals, you will have to work for them. When I kill things, I intend for them to stay dead. If you can dodge the crossfire, and get to a target before the finishing blow turns them into nothingness, then you can eat all you want." The Quincy backed away from the younger girl, still uneasy with her proximity. "Are these conditions something that we can agree on?"
Back to top Go down
Pikante
Immature angry child
Immature angry child
Pikante

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 am

Well that sure was the show, and it came from both of them none the less. Chesha seemed to be a bit more grown up, and this man seemed to be a bit more on the loser side. Well maybe not on the looser side, but at the very least he was on the side of life which had him make a bit more sense. Sense to her that is, though deep down Siena didn't want this man to lose his sanity, he was far to much fun with it, though she could talk she was a hollow, and hollow were obviously insane, herself more so than the average hollow.

Hmm that means I will have to dodge your arrows in order to have a nice meal, I can live with that, it will be quite fun to say the least. Though know that if you travel with me you will not be on the best of terms with the other hollows, a good six hundred years ago back when I was oh shall we say more like them, I decided to attack the Shinigami, and I failed. Sadly though it was due to a captain medaling sword which could counter my attacks. As you both have said they are useless I would agree, except for their higher ups but in reality they are the only fighting force needed to take out half of this world. Though they are nice folks just I wasn't. Anyhow I do believe that since we have made a little truce, it should only be fair that we actually introduce ourselves correct? My name even though it was given to me by the one who defeated me is Siena. No last name and I don't even know what it means, frankly I would be happy being called absolutely nothing but for some reason it stuck. Now then your name lad? Oh and since we are now in an alliance do you need any help with anything, I am awfully bored and you look a little down on your luck, perhaps we could be of assistance. I may seem to be old fashion but I guarantee that I can provide you with more information than you would care to know.

Her voice followed by a flutter of happiness it woulds seem. he had made her actually feel as if there would be fun times ahead, and that made her excited, something that was normally hard to do to the old hollow. So then does anyone have any requests about anything to do, we could go anywhere really and it wouldn't cost us a dime, and vacations are always lovely. Then again we could get down to work, and I could make good on my promise to you lad, but either way you two decide, and I shall await what you choose.
Back to top Go down
Fei-Fei
The Banhammer
Fei-Fei

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 am

By his appearance Chesha fully expected him to decree “No” and possibly attack her. Creating a poker face was truly an art, and sometimes the smallest of things betrayed people, including their eyes and she swore his could've burnt her had he possessed heat vision. Admittedly some of her speech lacked exact details and permitted for self interpretation, but she felt somehow it hadn't translated completely right. ”You don't have to sever ties with people of your old life, but you can't put the rose colored shades back on. They're cracked beyond repair so you might as well smash them,” she whispered to him, eyes glittering at the challenge in his and the malice beneath his words. The tone stayed quiet all the same as though people milled about, ”To ignore this new world won't work when a strong enemy comes along. And you would do well to be careful with your family from now on if they're unaware of reality. I don't consider them a hindrance, if anything they'd be a lovely reprieve, no? But I've learned to be cautious in this world and hold my treasures elsewhere, and you won't gain such a luxury most likely...so do be careful with them.”

Yes, to involve those blind to it lead to horrible, horrible things. Her lack of information likely lead to the demise of her born family and her father's coworkers, and even an experienced and knowledgeable second family lay bleeding before her young eyes before her mind caught up with the event. Though she thought she read somewhere that “protecting something lead to strength,” or at least did so within fiction quite often. A hero with a cause pushed on, though a person with nothing to lose was also serious business. For his true “sanity's” sake she prayed nothing befell those he loved then, and called his real family – if he ever even came to think of them as a “family” despite lacking the blood connection. Besides, Chesha could hardly wish ill on the man and if anything might come to cry upon hearing of his family's untimely demise because she hardly enjoyed losing her's.

”In fact I hope you protect them, though I don't fathom you'll befall the same psychological issues I've fallen prey too thanks to dealing with issues of death and trauma far beyond my mental capabilities at the time. You're a bit old to suffer lasting mental damage, so you'll be insane enough to live, but not mad,” she turned to walk away from him and back towards the set up curtain as it seemed her latest creation began peering around as it became accustomed to its newly gained form. “Grandma,” as she deemed the woman, introduced herself and brought up another excellent point in knowing the names of one's “friends” - or in Chesha's mind, “family.” ”Grandma, I don't think there's much worry about Hollow's favoring him to begin with seeing as he's more of a natural predator for them,” she said the title more with growing affection and far from making it sound like an insult.

On her way back towards the curtain she stopped while in the middle of pulling her hood back up, ”Hmm, and as for names...sadly thanks to some of that early trauma I've forgotten my real name so I call myself 'Chesha.' My brother named me 'Alice' so use whichever you like I suppose.” She figured he'd choose the former merely because the latter came off as too informal for someone ready to slap her if not pound her into the ground mere moments ago. Considering the proposition from her grandmother she couldn't think of any place she particularly wanted to go. ”I have no preference other than avoiding the state of Nevada. I've seen enough of Las Vegas for now, so I'll leave that up to you,” she tossed over towards Artemis since she usually traveled under Cassiel's dime instead of her's.

The hood came back to rest in it's proper place, hands reaching and yanking the curtain to clatter against the ground as she unveiled her new masterpiece. The doll lay inside the body, a simple object capable of transforming now into something she modified lovingly behind the curtain. The beast stood and came to stand much taller than herself, and had at least a foot or more upon Sarynn if one didn't count the horn-like structure on its head. A spike spouted from the cheeks of its metallic head, body lacking the decoration that Cassiel and Sarynn held when it came to wings, yet no less beautiful in her eyes. Besides sometimes she theorized the wings got in the way of full potential of speed, though claimed more usefulness on Sarynn whereas Cassiel merely possessed them due to child love of dragons and dinosaurs. Truly a large purpose of this long and large creature lay in acting as a better mount than the other two, even if she understood the power attached to it and possible uses.

”I'm ready to go whenever though, unless there's something else here you want to take out other than my grandma. Possibly some Hollow that's been watching us and biding its time to strike.” Only a guess really, but found it fun nevertheless to mutter because sometimes she had that feeling of being watched and wondered if that explained the feeling. Likely not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dew ridden town   The dew ridden town I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The dew ridden town
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Souls rebirth :: The World of Bleach :: The Planet Earth :: Tairia-
Jump to: